A Commitment to Community: MDA in 2022
It’s hard to believe that we are coming to the end of 2022. This year has just flown by for the team at Maplewood Dental Arts!
One of our main goals for 2022 was to increase our commitment to community service and outreach in and around Gorham. We are so proud of the time and effort the team put into each of these projects, as well as the money they have raised for some truly worthy causes.
Here are just some of the ways the MDA team showed our commitment to community service and outreach in 2022:
- For all of 2022, each person in the office participated in the MDA “Giving Back in 2022” birthday donation project. On their birthday, the charity of their choice was featured on social media as a fundraiser. The office kicked off each fundraiser with a donation from MDA in their honor.
The charities our team members chose to fundraise for were just as individual and amazing as they are. They chose the Kennebunk Animal Welfare Society, the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention, the American Heart Association, HART of Maine, the American Cancer Society, the Maine State Society for the Protection of Animals, Kennebec Valley Humane Society, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Wounded Warrior Project, Portland Recovery Community Center, the Center for Grieving Children, World Wildlife Fund, Preble Street Resource Center, and Save the Children. We are so pleased to have been able to raise money for all of these worthy charities and thank you to all of our patients who also donated!
- In 2022, members of our dental hygiene team went out into the community to raise awareness about the importance of good oral hygiene. In February, Paige, Ali, Darcy, Nikki and Nicole visited the kiddos at the daycare center the Toddle Inn; in March, Paige, Nikki and Ali played some dental health games with the kiddos at another local daycare-Land of Nod; in May, Darcy, Nikki and Paige made one of several visits to Recovery Maine; and in June, Paige, Nikki and Nicole dropped by the Village Square to talk about the benefits of a lifetime of dental health.
In June, we were also able to be a part of the Staff Wellness Expo at Gorham Middle School. This expo was an excellent way to reach a lot of people all in one place. Showing that dental care doesn’t have to be dull, hygienists Paige, Darcy and Nicole had on hand a prize wheel which was a huge hit with attendees and MDA donated an electric toothbrush to the raffle expo.
- In 2022, our team both fundraised and participated in three walks for three important awareness-raising non-profit organizations. Under (mostly) beautiful blue Maine skies, in May they took part in the Maine Heart Walk for the American Heart Association and in September, they walked in both the Out of the Darkness Suicide Awareness Walk and the End to Alzheimer’s Walk. We again thank everyone who helped make our fundraising efforts for these walks such a success!
- With the leaves falling off the trees and a chill in the air, Halloween in Gorham is one of our favorite times of the year! This year, to kick off the Halloween holiday, MDA held a parking lot showing of one of the best Halloween movies ever: Hocus Pocus! It was a night of spooky fun with not only a great movie, but also real movie popcorn and a Halloween raffle! (No candy, but hey, we’re a dental practice!)
- It was one, two, three strikes: yer out! as MDA sponsored the Grey/New Gloucester little league team in Spring 2022! It was a thrill to see this team on the diamond and it was an honor to see our name on their uniforms. We look forward to next season!
Maplewood Dental Arts is as committed to our patients as we are to our community! In 2023, we look forward to continuing to provide the caring, high-quality dental care we believe our patients deserve! We can’t wait to see you all in 2023!